Mon 14th July 2008

School holidays are over and what a perfect day to get back into things after a forced "go slow" due to the kids being home.

I looked out the window this morning and saw the sun shining and could not wait to get out the door for a run.
I dropped Chloe off to school and headed off for a nice long run on the wall - the sun was shining on the water and there was hardly any breeze at all - just perfect. I could have stayed there all day.

I didn't even mind running around getting the shopping done as it was so lovely to be out and about.

A few hours at my desk then I am heading back out for my bike ride to make the most of the day.

On the weekend Chris and I went and stayed in StKilda at the Prince on the corner of Ackland & Fitzroy and went to Circa for dinner. A lovely, relaxing weekend and just what we needed. Life has been pretty frantic lately with the kids and life in general and we haven't had a lot of time to spend alone.
We now have big Chloe living with us full time which is fantastic - we have had some lovely long chats and this Friday she has her zone cross country so I will go along and cheer her on and bring her home with me. My kids love having her here as well - she is a great kid and I really enjoy her company.

Over the school holidays I spent most of the time with little Chloe as big Chloe had her own things to do and so did Cody - I hardly saw him at all!!! I am glad he is independent and social but I also miss my little boy who loves spending time with me.

I took Chloe roller skating and to the Carribean Gardens and we also went indoor rock climbing - she climbed for 3 hours solid!! That girl has some great stamina.

The trip to France is coming together and I am about to book my flights in the next couple of days. Looks like we will have 9 or 10 days in France and the rest in Italy. The closer it gets the more anxious I become about leaving the kids - they are fine - I am worrying about nothing but I know I will miss them a lot. If we win lotto between now and March they are all coming!!

The glow journals have been a hit and the feedback has been really awsome - feels good to finally have got that done.
The clothing line is still in the hands of the designer; things are coming along pretty slowly but I am not in any rush - I'd rather be pedantic and know what I eventually offer will be something I am really proud of.

Wednesday night the taekwondo school is holding it's black belt grading and I will go and sit on the grading panel - it will be good to see how the students have improved since I saw them last.

Comments