Tues 6th May 08

I cannot believe it is May already! What happened to the year??
I've been quite the social bunny recently, which is very unlike me however one of my goals this year was to get out more so I am doing my best.

Can't remember whether or not I mentioned we went to see Even in the last post (think I did) anway it is worth mentioning again how wonderful they were. The boys are on their way to London as we speak and almost 3 weeks worth of gigs - pretty exciting stuff.
Here is the link to their site - you will find thier new video clip on the home page - be sure to check it out www.even.com.au

Saturday night Chris and I took the kids to my friend Andrea's place for dinner in East Doncaster. Andrea has 2 soon to be step-children pretty much exactly the same ages as my kids so the kids were in their element. It was a great night and very late. Reminds me we need to do much more of that.

I am enjoying training my ladies a couple of times a week, they are really progressing well and it is loads of fun.

Now..my training for today.
I went for my swim this morning and did 600m - I nearly died when I got to the pool and realised they had taken the middle thingie out of the pool and it was now a 50m pool - I nearly went home again!
I managed ok, lot's of spluttering towards the end but I felt pretty happy with myself.
I had a moment of confussion when I swam one lap and thought - wow I must be getting good that felt so much easier and quicker - only to realise they had put the middle thingie back in again!! I'd only swam (swum??) 25m!! Still it made 25m after that seem pretty short so there is a good thing.

After the swim I did 10k on the bike in force nine gale winds on the wall - not much fun in that I have to say BUT my indoor trainer has arrived at the post office so I will pick that up later today and set it up for a play later. This way when the weather is really crap I can set my bike up in the gazebo and still ride - better than nothing.

I have a tear in my hip and the physio has banned me from running and taekwondo so whilst I am missing it I have a couple more hours in my week which is proving to be a godsend.
The physio told me I can swim, cycle and walk gently - I'm not sure I know how to do ANYTHING gently! Cheeky bugger told me I was getting old and that's why my body is giving me so much grief lately - how rude!!

Chloe B (little one) has her school cross country tomorrow. They are doing 3km. As I am banned from running Chris will run with her and I'll be cheering from the sidelines - how frustrating.

Big Chloe ran the Puffing Billy fun run on the weekend and beat the train!! She did the 13k in around 1hr and 10 minutes. She is like a racehorse that girl. She had only ever run 9k before that so I am very proud of her. The race is full of massive hills and her time was excellent.

Well, time to get some work done before I go and pick the kids up so chow for now :)

Comments