Easter

Easter weekend has been a busy one for sales; lot's of women wanting to undo the Easter damage I imagine :)

We have had a pretty quiet Easter using the time to get a few things done around the house.
Yesterday Chris and Chloe sanded and stained the front deck - Chloe looked like she had been in a tanning booth by the time they had finished up.

Over the past few months I have had an unusually high heart rate and finally got around to getting it checked out. I went to Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre in Melbourne and they pretty much went over me with a fine tooth comb; blood tests, scans etc and whilst there is nothing major wrong I have been overtraining and have some lingering viral thing from the Half Marathon I did in Oct (???) so I have been ordered to rest for 2 weeks (get outta here!!).

I was so sore after Phat Camp that the first 3 days of rest were welcome and then I picked up a sore throat so that took care of another few days but today I ventured to the gym to do a light cardio session.
2 weeks is just way too long and I'm feeling pretty good so I have decided to do a bit this week but keep it light; I also have pilates this afternoon so that will do it today.

I have been on chinese herbs (capsules thankfully) to help with my pmt and ovulation pain and it has been really good BUT my practitioner has decided I need to take raw herbs to bump this viral thing on the head so I am boiling and drinking a herbal mix twice a day; after day one my throat came good. It tastes worse than anything I have ever had in my life (even worse than aloe vera juice - I kid you not).
I am keeping my kids amused with the spitting and jumping around each time I have to drink it anyway. Only 8 days to go and counting; why is it that the things that are so good for you have to taste so shite???

Chloe H (16) won her school age group cross country last week; she also came second in the Duathlon the week before - go girl!

Cody has managed to get through Easter without tearing anything open or breaking anything - touch wood, and his last batch of wounds are healing nicely.

Better go - time for lunch.

Comments