Sunday 24th Feb 08

This last few weeks has been all about the Chloe's (9 & 16).
Last week I took big Chloe to get her learners permit (which she passed with flying colours) and took her for her first driving lesson. I have to admit I did think it was going to be quite scary but she did a brilliant job. We drove for almost an hour and I don't think she drew breath the whole time; she chattered away happily the whole time and was a very happy girl to have done such a great job.
Chloe also won the girls section of the swim / run duathlon held at her school. All in all a very good week for her.

Little Chloe competed in her first kids triathlon this morning and did really well - she is still has a grin from ear to ear hours later. This of course has meant getting her trained up for all three disciplines so she has been running, riding and swimming regularly on top of her already full on dance class schedule. School swim sports are tomorrow which turns out to be great timing as the added early morning swim training the school organised helped her be more prepared for the swim today. Unfortunately they cancelled the swim leg today because the bay at St Kilda was just too rough and the water temp was 9 degrees! That she turned up prepared was good though. She now has a friend over and is playing happily.

I am absolutely loving being back at Taekwondo; there is nothing in the world that comes close to a good taekwondo training session. Now that my soreness has eased up I am enjoying it more than ever. Taekwondo training puts a bounce in my step and a smile on my face and this is why I have been at it for 16 years and love it as much now as I did the day I started.
On Thursday we trained with bungee cords attached to us while we practiced our footwork up and down the dojang and boy were my legs and lungs screaming by the end of that. I pulled up a bit sore but nice sore - that sore that lets you know you have worked hard without inflicting screaming pain every time you have to sit down or stand up.

I am looking forward to this week; tomorrow I am at school sports for most of the day but plan to squeeze a run in before I head off and then fit in a chest / back workout in whilst Chloe is at dance. The rest of the week sees me fit in 3 taekwondo sessions, 2 x bike rides, 2 x swims, 2 x runs and 3 x weights and 1 pilates session. Bring it on :)

Comments