Mon 11th Feb 08

Boy time flies when you are having fun; it has been 3 weeks since my last post!
Much has happened over these past few weeks...
I finally have my routine back with the kids back at school which is fabulous; this of course means the house manages to look clean for more than 5 minutes at a time! Mess is so distracting so just having the house clean and tidy affords me much stronger focus and a greater sense of calm thankfully.
With my new found freedom I have decided to do some triathlon training so my routine now includes biking and swimming each week in addition to my running and I have dropped the heavy weights and am now doing high reps and low weight to improve my endurance - feels weird but I will get used to it I'm sure.
I have really enjoyed not having to go out in the evenings with my break from taekwondo so I have decided to go along to the morning classes 2 or 3 times a week instead of the evening classes so I can be home to help the kids Cody with his high school homework which is a whole new ballgame compared to primary school.
Unfortunately the day time classes are not as good as the night classes as the class numbers are smaller etc but with the focus on getting tri fit it is ok for now.
My little Chloe (9) has signed up for her very first triathlon (this is what got me hooked) which takes place in 2 weeks. She has a 200 metre swim, a 3k bike and half a km run. I got her a new bike with gears (the one with the pink basket would have been a bit uncool given the circumstances) and she has been running, riding and swimming her little heart out.
When we are doing interval runs I go ahead and have her try and catch me and when I look back she is all elbows, knees and grin - she loves it and can't wait to have a go.
My big Chloe (step-daughter 16) is going for her learners on Wed so I am picking her up from school at lunch time to take her to sit the test. If she passes it will be all white knuckles from here on in I think - god help us.
The sun is shining outside and early this morning I went for a run and bike ride and it was gorgeous with the sun shining on the water at the dam after I finish up a few things here I'm going to get back out in it and walk up to meet Cody at the bus stop and buy him a milkshake. Chloe goes to her jaz and classical ballet classes straight after school on Mondays which gives Code and I a chance to spend some time together which is even more precious now he is a high school boy!

Comments