Saturday 13th Oct 07

I spent a glorious 100 minutes in the gym this morning working shoulders and arms. This was my first hard core shoulder workout since my injury and it has held up really well and no pain now, a few hours later - hoooray!
My legs are nice and sore from yesterday, particularly my glutes and upper hammies from the deadlifts and it feels GREAT!
A rest from weights tomorrow but heading out for my first run since the half marathon. I'm really looking forward to that, it feels like forever since I ran.
I have heard from a few of the girls from the running camp I went on last month which is really nice, hopefully they will all be there next year.
The weather here is still cold and rainy which is a bit of a bummer on the weekend but it was nice to go to sleep with the rain on the roof last night.
Daylight savings is only 2 weeks away now and I can't wait for the extra daylight hours and for the weather to heat up. Taekwondo in the warmer weather is so much more pleasant. The older I get the more I feel the old injuries in my training through winter which is a bit sad. Summer training takes 10 years off me, I can kick higher and faster because I'm not worried about a hammie going "ping"!
My plan of sitting back with a book didn't eventuate yesterday but it was nice to dream!

Comments