Friday 12th Oct 07

All of a sudden life seems less frantic! The kids are back at school, I did my talk at the OvCa event on Wednesday and a few other major projects are out of the way and I find myself with a bit of quiet time as well as a whole lot of mental space - it is heaven!
I am absolutely loving being back at the gym after my forced break and so far so good no niggles in my shoulder at all.
Today I worked legs which I love, thrashed them a bit and I will pay for it over the next few days but well worth it.
I went back for my second lot of lazer hair removal on Tuesday and this time I came up in even worse condition than last time. My whole leg up to mid thigh is covered in a hive type rash that not only looks foul but is really hot and itchy. I'm on day 3 of taking antihistamines and the edge is just coming off it now!
Hubby asks "Is it worth it"? You betcha! Not a lot of hair grew back after the last lot so I reckon I'll only need to suffer through this another time or two.
The only thing that bothers me is I can't run for a few days after the lazer because of the heat the running generates so my next visit will be scheduled around a rest day the following day.
I've signed up for the Olympic Dream 10k in Melb for the end of November and I'm looking forward to that. There is also a 10k on Australia Day from Safety Beach to Rosebud and as I grew up down there and all of my family still lives there I thought I'd do that one too. So for the short term my training is for 10k events with a long run on the weekend and from Dec on will be training up for the Geelong Half Marathon in March or early April. It will be fantastic to do the event with a solid base of distance training under my belt this next time.
It is cold and wet here today and I've already been to the gym today so I think I might put my feet up with a book for a few hours. It feels like I haven't stopped in months and months and we have all 4 kids (plus the usual spares) 2 basketball games a birthday party and a taekwondo event to go to so there will be no relaxing on the weekend!

Comments